Receive all updates via Facebook, Just Click the Like Button Below

By Making Different | Get This !

Veena Malik To Go De-Glam For Tollywood


The latest bombshell to be imported by Tollywood to join our glam brigade of leading ladies is Veena Malik. The Pakistani beauty however, is not here to just be a glam prop. Veena will be seen shedding her sexy avatar and going de-glam for her debut act in Chadalavada Srinivasa Rao's Nagna Satyam. The actress, who always dreamed of making her foray into South films, says, "I was always keen on doing South films. So, when the makers of Nagna Satyam approached me, I couldn't say no. Also, the powerful script compelled me to give an instant nod."

Throwing more light on the Telugu project, Veena says, "The story of the movie is based on a real life event and exposes the naked truth about the darker side of the society. And in this female-oriented film, I'm doing a non-glamourous role for the first time. Though there are few scenes which will feature me in my glamourous avatar, but overall, I'm going all natural, with very little makeup."

What's interesting is that no lead hero has been cast opposite Veena. "Yes, while there are a bunch of characters, whose part will revolve around my role, which is the lead, there is no 'hero'. I remember, while shooting for the film, a lot of people told me that especially in films down South, women are just treated as glam props, who just run around the hero and sing and dance. But, that's not happening in this movie. That's one reason I accepted this film so happily. I'm very excited about this project," says Veena.


Although she's quite gung-ho about going de-glam, isn't she worried about losing her fan following post this film's release, considering she is known for her sexy avatar? "See, I always look glamourous (laughs). But as an actor, I don't mind taking up any kind of roles and sporting any kind of look. I like taking up challenges. Also, I've just started my career, so I would like to excel and test my own limitations. I also feel that being beautiful is not a great achievement, but what is commendable is making your mark with your acting. And I want to focus on that."

Though this model-turned-actress dubbed for the movie, she's now well versed with Telugu already. "While shooting for Nagna Satyam, I got a better understanding of Telugu, Tamil and Kannada. So, now I can make out and ifferentiate between all these three South languages," says Veena, who has a Bollywood film set for release, apart from director Trishul's Kannada film Silk, inspired by Silk Smitha's life. "That's again a female oriented film. And to be original and give a natural performance, I avoided watching Vidya Balan's The Dirty Picture. But, I'll definitely watch it after Silk releases," she quips.

Veena was scheduled to come to Hyderabad last week, but the visit was called off at the last minute. "I was so excited about visiting Hyderabad to promote my Bollywood movie. I had even got my visa extended, but it didn't work out. Now that I'm working on a Telugu movie, I'm looking forward to visit the city soon," she says.

0 Komentar untuk "Veena Malik To Go De-Glam For Tollywood"

Back To Top